At Cortelco, we are always looking for talented people who share our commitment to excellence. If you want to be a part of our team, please submit your resume to:
Cortelco is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by Law.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a position due to a disability, please contact us to request assistance.
Tier I Security Information Analyst—Job Opportunity
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
Work as part of a specialist team dedicated to supporting our corporate customers primarily in our Corporate Security and Monitoring Service Provider Centre, working with different monitoring tools and analyzing security events, dashboards and other relevant data received from customer’s monitored systems, and then take appropriate action based on customer’s security policy; serve as initial incident response and escalation procedures with internal personnel on the event of an alert or monitoring anomaly. This team-based role will involve handling customer queries, troubleshooting from our customers, via remote tools, telephone or on site.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide first level support to customers and serve as initial incident response on security products via remote tools, on site and the telephone.
- Operate SEIM (McAfee & Tenable) consoles in order to monitor the environment for events of interest.
- Operate Cisco, McAfee, Tenable, Palo Alto Security consoles in order to monitor the environment for events of interest.
- Perform analysis of security logs in an attempt to detect unauthorized access.
- Use vulnerability assessment data to pinpoint potential points of attack.
- Document and contain security incidents detected on the network.
- Execute incident response process when a security incident has been declared.
- Accurate problem resolution requires thorough and clear documentation of both the customer’s technical issue and the customer’s expectations.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Science/Computer Engineering/Information Systems) or equivalent.
- Understand a variety of network protocols including TCP/IP, DHCP, SFTP, SNMP, SMTP, SSH, SSL, VPN, RDP, HTTPS. Must have a strong understanding of Windows, Linux/Unix,
- Must have a strong understanding of networking infrastructure components and protocols – including firewalls, and network-based intrusion detection/prevention,
- Preferred not required: Network +, Security +, CompTIA A+, ISACA’s Cybersecurity Nexus (CSX) Fundamentals Certified, McAfee certified, Palo Alto certified, Tenable certified, Cisco Security certified.